An original design by Florip Toolworks. Your cut is only as accurate as your layout line.
The Little One
- Grade 5 Titanium shaft (weighs less than 2/3 ounce)
- O1 tool steel cutter. The cutter itself is made with a threaded shaft, it threads into the shaft. No retaining screw.
- 1.5” Brass 360 fence
- Flat on the fence allows the user to strike a line on material 1/8” thick while it is supported on a work surface. Also prevents rolling.
- There is a light thread cut on the shaft and inside the fence. This allows the fence to slide smoothly without any rotation for quick adjusting- add side pressure to engage the threads for fine adjustments.
“The Big One”
I designed and built this gauge because I wasn’t happy with the generic wheel marking gauge I had been using. My main complaints were:
- Small fence - Would allow the gauge to pivot as I marked my work.
- Round fence - Allowed the gauge to roll off the workbench.
- Poor fit - The cutter would come loose from the shaft and the fence had a sloppy fit.
- Overall feel - I wasn’t confident in the tools ability to put down consistent layout lines.
Below is a list of features that make up the Florip Toolworks gauge.
- Micro adjust with 5/8” travel.
- 2” wide fence to provide a solid footprint on your workpiece.
- Hexagonal fence to prevent the gauge from rolling off the bench.
- With just under 9” of length, this marking gauge will tackle most f your layout needs.
- Easy to sharpen O1 tool steel cutter.
- Choice of stainless steel, beryllium copper, or grade 5 titanium shafts.
- It’s often called “beefy”.